A note about mothers:

"Kanga never takes her eye off Baby Roo, except when he's safely buttoned up in her pocket." NOW RENICK AND KRISTA HAVE JOINED THE CLUB!

Friday, June 26, 2009

A long time ago until now!

Family Proclamation study: Remember, if you can't remember every word, you will receive personal insight and revelation by the act of studying this document! Keep after it because it applies to all of us in each of our circumstances!

Summer Work: Thank you so much for responding to Emails on Facebook! I love it that we can all connect in many ways. Maybe someone else wants to start a new thread! Who will it be? What creative ideas will come from my smart and fabulous children????

Way to Be! Be True (to yourself and your family). Shakespeare wrote, "To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night of the day, thou canst be false to any man" (Hamlet, I, iii).

President Hinckley wrote the following in "Way to Be!" He's one of the good guys and we should all listen to his advice:


Be true to what is right and fair and honest. Lend our strength to crusading against things that tear down the character of men and women. Stand up for integrity in your classrooms, among your peers, in your homes and families, and in the society of which you are an important part. Your strong voice is needed. The weight of your stance may be enough to tip the scales in the direction of truth.

Be true to your parents and your heritage....They were once your age. Your problems are not substantially different from what theirs were. If they occasionally place restrictions on you, it is because they see danger in the road ahead. Listen to them. What they ask you do do may not be to your liking. but you will be much happier if you do it.

Be true to others and self by telling the truth. Become known as someone who is unfailingly honest. Don't ever cheat.

Be true. Be true to your own convictions. You know what is right, and you know what is wrong. You know when you are doing the proper thing. You know when you are giving strength to the right cause. Be loyal. Be faithful. Be true.

(Please leave your comments. I want to hear your response to this entry)
Love you forever~MOM

4 comments:

Karen Oliver said...

I'll leave the first comment. In American society, loyalty and being true to self, convictions, and family are LOST! It's "a hard thing" to be true to our faith and convictions when the world around us is saying how we should be thin, beautiful and focus on fun rather than choosing to use our time to serve and love others. Fun is a good thing, but service and loving others can be fun too. It also leaves us with everlasting JOY!!!!! Love and hugs to you all. Mom

The Real One said...

I think sometimes we forget what is real, what is important. Too often we focus on the fluff and mundane this around us. If we are to be true, we need to refocus on what really matters. That is the teaches from the prophets. The gospel of Jesus Christ. Without it we are lost. If our thought/words/activities don't help us grow in one of the Christlike Attributes, then it is vain, and will profit us nothing. We are here for a short time. We need to be true to who we were before coming to Earth. A follower of Christ.

The Real One said...

Mom,Thanks for the shout out, However, My Quote is "It's my best day so far" Which I got from a book entitled "My Best Day So Far"

The Real One said...

Hello This is Krista. I love My Mom. I agree with everything written above. I love you. (I like to make fun of my husband typing.